What’s really behind the shocking decision of Prince Harry and Meghan Markle to return to the UK.
Prince Harry and Meghan Markle are said to be making a major move back to Britain with their children, Prince Archie and Princess Lilibet.
People Magazine revealed that the couple is establishing a private, non-royal home base in the U.K., with Archie, 7, and Lilibet, 5, expected to begin school there in September.
The family will reportedly retain their home on Montecito, California as well as their vacation property in Portugal.
While the location of their new British residence and the children’s school is being kept private, the outlet revealed that King Charles was informed of the Sussexes’ plans on August 16 and is said to welcome the opportunity to spend more private time with the family.
For those unaware, Harry had previously been reluctant to bring Meghan and the children back because of his long-running concerns over their safety. Now, the family appears to feel comfortable enough to establish a private U.K. base, especially after their recent visit to the UK.
During their latest visit Archie and Lilibet reunited with their grandfather, King Charles, for the first time in more than four years.
It is pertinent to mention that although Harry and Meghan will remain private, non-working members of the royal family with no return to official royal duties planned, the new U.K. base could allow the Duke of Sussex to spend more time supporting charities and organizations close to him, including WellChild, Scotty’s Little Soldiers and the Invictus community.