May 22, 2026
Buckingham

Buckingham Palace is flabbergasted with Meghan Markle

Meghan Markle has turned the entirety of social media on its head with her efforts at monetizing her wedding anniversary, that too with her “signature candle is inspired by the ease and joy of a day that holds Meghan’s most cherished memories – her wedding day, May 19th.”

According to the source, “there are people who find it deeply uncomfortable that a royal wedding watched by millions around the world is now effectively being repackaged into luxury merchandise.”

While talking to RadarOnline the source also said, “to critics, this feels like Meghan shamelessly monetizing one of the most important moments of her royal life.”

Before signing off the insider did make one thing clear and that’s that, “the issue for some Palace figures is not the candle itself – it is the growing perception that every personal milestone, family memory, or royal connection eventually becomes part of the Sussex commercial machine. That fuels accusations of greed, whether fair or not.”

Meghan Markle’s Move from The UK to the US:
From Vancouver Island, Canada to Santa Barbara, California, and Tyler Perry’s house in between, the couple moved around in the height of the COVID-19 pandemic. But before that, their last leg of royal work included attending the Endeavour Fund Awards and the Commonwealth Day Service held at Westminster Abbey.

A couple of years later news came that a 12-month ‘review period’ concluded, which meant that the Sussexes would officially be confirmed as not returning to royal life. This also led to the stripping of Prince Harry’s honorary military titles, and royal patronages.

From that point on the interviews, (Oprah Winfrey, 60 Minutes, CBS, BBC) the docuseries, (Harry & Meghan) began, right after deals were signed with both Netflix and Spotify.

While the Netflix deal is said to be ongoing, despite it being in a diminished capacity, the Spotify deal fell through and fans even saw the CEO, Daniel Ek, come out and accuse the couple of being “grafters.”

Around 2023, in January the memoir that Prince Harry had been working on came out, titled Spare, and showcased details from the Sandringham summit, the dog bowl incident (where Prince Harry was thrown in by his brother) as well as a promise of ‘more material’ should a second book be in consideration.

H. Anjum is a News Editor at The News International (Digital) with over five years of newsroom experience. She is a media graduate specialising in British royal coverage, reporting on monarchies, traditions, and modern royal life. She also writes on fashion, movies and TV shows with contemporary relevance for a global audience.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

WP2Social Auto Publish Powered By : XYZScripts.com